March 11, 2010

Banana (Nut) Muffins

{printable recipe here}
My mom has been making this simple recipe for banana bread my whole life. The first time I tried someone else's I thought, "Why is this dry? It's not supposed to be!" Well with this recipe it won't be. Mix in (or sprinkle on top) chocolate chips, nuts, etc. Anything goes. I prefer it served as muffins but we like mini loaves, too. Like I said, anything goes. So mush up those brown bananas sitting on the counter and make your husband some moist, delicious banana bread. You won't regret it.

Banana (Nut) Muffins
from Anne Strawberry
{printable recipe here}

yields 12 muffins or 3 mini-loaves

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed banana (about three small bananas)
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts or chocolate (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350. Line a muffin tin with paper wrappers (or grease) and set on a silicone lined sheet. Set aside.

In a mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until combined. Add bananas, milk, lemon and vanilla and mix until combined. Add dry ingredients (sift if you're feeling motivated) and gently mix in. Mix in nuts or chocolate (or reserve to sprinkle on top). Use a medium ice cream scoop to portion batter into muffin tins (about 2/3 full). Bake for 20-25 minutes (35-40 for mini loaves), let cool, and enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Che belli i tuoi muffins, sei davvero brava il tuo blog mi piace molto,
    complimenti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can smell them baking right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, You're speaking to my soul with this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look wonderful, I've made a real basic banana nut muffins many times. I need to give yours a try and I dont know why I never thought about putting nuts directly on top. Now I'm hungry. Note to self never get on here without eating first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nuts OR chocolate ORRRR both. ;)
    I love a good, moist banana muffin. I'll be sure to try this recipe--for my husband....and me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delicious it looks. Wish you could send me some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing like the banana bread recipe one's mom made, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not a big fan of bananas in baked goods, but those muffins look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete